Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
"Silly boy, it's all about trust."
(04-18-2022, 08:13 PM)purplemer Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 05:55 PM)DISRAELI Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 03:45 PM)purplemer Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 08:11 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-16-2022, 07:14 PM)purplemer Wrote: I have a fairly firm grounding in the history of the Bible, and can find no basis for the claims which continually crop up that books were "removed"

Correct me if i am wrong but the bible we use today is based on template which was created under Constantine of the Roman Emperor. It is at this point  heavy censorship occurred. For example the book of Enoch was not incuded (it mentions a previous civilization) and many other sciptures where denied access. To think these books have not been altered by the elite to control the narrative of mankind baffles my mind.

Our history has been cleansed and sanitised for the masses.

If you are in any doubt that the bible has been altered. Go back and look at the oldest bible (Ethiopian) and see how many scriptures are now missing.

Happy days :-)

We're obliged to correct that because it isn't true. There is no evidence for any such template. Printed books are a better source of information than the internet, and they will tell you that the growth of the Biblical "canon" was organic, a collective consensus building up in the centuries before Constantine. The alleged "omitted" books were not omitted, because they had never been included in the first place. The early church had a "nonsense filter" of inherited tradition, which managed to keep them out.

Sorry that does not really make sense. The Ethiopian church is in possession of the oldest bible in the world and this bible gives a different narrative. It evidently has a different idea of official Canon(s)
I assume you mean the oldest manuscript. Even if that is true, I've got to point out an elementary rule of textual criticism; the oldest surviving physical copy is not necessarily the oldest and most original text. so it cannot, as such, be used as a "control".

Messages In This Thread
"Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by DISRAELI - 04-03-2022, 04:33 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by kdog - 04-04-2022, 02:36 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-05-2022, 08:13 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-05-2022, 11:24 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-06-2022, 12:49 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-06-2022, 01:33 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by DISRAELI - 04-18-2022, 08:33 PM