Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
"Silly boy, it's all about trust."
(04-16-2022, 07:14 PM)purplemer Wrote: Lots of biblical books where removed including the Gnostic's. By powerful elite families trying to control the flow of information.. Nothing changes eh.

With self knowledge the need for faith disperse..

:-)

I've read some of the Gnostic texts, and personally believe they were "removed" (actually, they were never included to begin with, being the pretty basic definition of "anti-Christian") due to the way they directly oppose Biblical doctrines. If powerful elite families removed them in an effort to control information flow, they did a piss poor job of it, since I or anyone else can still read them if so desired.

I have a fairly firm grounding in the history of the Bible, and can find no basis for the claims which continually crop up that books were "removed", other than the Apocrypha from Protestant texts. As a matter of fact, the King James Bible originally included the Apocrypha (as does my copy of the Geneva Bible, the "original" Protestant Bible), but it was eventually relegated to a separately bound volume, and them disappeared altogether... but the King James version of the Apocrypha can still be found with a diligent search. I used to have a copy of it in my collection, back when I had a collection.

Gnostic fantasies were, in large part, the foundation of Islam as regards it's alleged connection with Christianity as the "logical development" thereof. One can still find bits and pieces of Gnostic stories in the Qur'an, as well as their ongoing argument about the validity of the Gospel of Barnabas and it's relation to the Islamic Isa.

Gnosticism is not nor ever was it, "Christianity" - it just tried to pass as Christianity by cloaking itself in a habit. Similarly to LDS doctrine, it sought to make every man his own "god in embryo", thus denying the unique deity of the Christian God.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
"Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by DISRAELI - 04-03-2022, 04:33 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by kdog - 04-04-2022, 02:36 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-05-2022, 08:13 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-05-2022, 11:24 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-06-2022, 12:49 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-06-2022, 01:33 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by Ninurta - 04-16-2022, 08:11 PM