Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our Bodies Age in Three Distinct Shifts, According to More Than 4,000 Blood Tests
Explanation: ...

Our Bodies Age in Three Distinct Shifts, According to More Than 4,000 Blood Tests

Quote:In terms of biological ageing, the body seems to shift gears three times during our lifespans, new research suggests – with 34 years, 60 years and 78 years the key thresholds.
In other words, we now have evidence that ageing isn't one long, continuous process that moves at the same speed throughout our lives.
The findings might help us understand more about how our bodies start to break down as we get older, and how specific age-related diseases – including Alzheimer's or cardiovascular disease – could be better tackled.
The same study has also put forward a new way of reliably predicting people's ages using the protein levels (the proteome) in their blood.
"By deep mining the ageing plasma proteome, we identified undulating changes during the human lifespan," write the researchers in their published paper.
"These changes were the result of clusters of proteins moving in distinct patterns, culminating in the emergence of three waves of ageing."

Wow!!!

Personal Disclosure: BUT ...

According to Genetics, at age 47, I am already dead!

Quote:Humans have a “natural” lifespan of around 38 years, according to a new method we have developed for estimating the lifespans of different species by analysing their DNA.

I want the JAB! Give Me The JAB!

Quote:The CRISPR/Cas 9 study found a gene tied to cellular senescence (which tells cells to stop growing) and also, that CRISPR/Cas9 treatment can make partially dormant the aging process. CRISPR/Cas9 treatment allowed mice to live 25% longer and be physically stronger. Biologists see these results being relatively easy to reproduce on humans in a clinical setting.

Live Long And Prosper! minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!

Messages In This Thread
Our Bodies Age in Three Distinct Shifts, According to More Than 4,000 Blood Tests - by OmegaLogos - 04-03-2022, 05:45 AM