Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sweet Florida Song. AnyBody thinking what I am.
(04-01-2022, 05:55 PM)beez Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 05:49 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 04:20 PM)beez Wrote: I saw that on the news this morning.

I don't dislike DeSantis.  I could not name a single thing that he's done that I disagree with.

But. . . . . 

This is marketing.  This is packaging.  This is grooming.

And we're being "gaslighted"  (gaslit?) by the media FOR DeSantis.

But there's just something that sets my Spidey senses tingling.

Because of DeSantis, my ass has been pulled out of the fire more than once. I too agree with much he has done for Florida.

But, and there is always a "but", DeSantis is a diehard politician. I fear that while right now he is doing what my bias is telling me is right, and because it has been good for me, that this could change at a drop of a hat.

I believe DeSantis will do what he thinks will promote his political career. Right now he is supporting my needs. I am fully aware that can change, when the tide turns, or at the will of those that have the power to advance his career.

I am not ragging on him. I am just being honest with myself. I know that he may end up being the lesser of the two evils, that the establishment will allow us. We will see. I just hope people realize that the solution to America's problems is not in the hands of one man. Regardless of whom they allow into office, they will be under the control of the establishment, whether they wear a red coat or a blue coat.

If something is too good to be true . . . . . . . . .

You know, I voted for Ronnie Reagan only because he was not Carter, and Carter was systematically destroying America... so there was nowhere to go but up, and we had to get past Carter to get there. As it turned out, Reagan done good, despite being a reformed Democrat and former Gov of Commiefornia.

I voted for Daddy Bush because he had been VP under Reagan, and so I thought he might have learned something... boy, did I ever get THAT call wrong! In a fit of anguish and guilt at what I had done to my beloved America by casting that vote, I stopped voting at all, for years and years.

I did not vote through the rest of the 1990's or in 2000 or 2004, either - there were no good choices, just one Liberal with a D beside his name and another Liberal with an R beside his name - no clear difference.

I finally voted in 2008 again in an effort to keep a commie out of the White House. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and we lost pretty biggly there.

2012 was a re-run of 2000 as far as I was concerned, so, no. No reason to bestir my ass to go vote for nothing.

In 2016, I voted for Trump simply because he was not Hillary, and I felt we had already had enough of dictatorial Marxist rule - again, as in 1980, there was nowhere to go but up, and Hillary could not possible take us there. And again, Trump done good, despite being a business man and TV star, rather than a politician.

We won't mention the 2020 election - stolen elections don't count, or at least they shouldn't.

Going in to the next election, it's highly likely I will vote for whomever runs against BidenHarris, simply because they are NOT BidenHarris. The fate of a nation rests in the balance. That seems to be happening with a disturbing regularity of late.

If it's Desantis, then he will get my vote. Once again, there is nowhere to go but up, and the Democrats have not, so far, fielded anyone capable of getting us there.

Maybe Desantis can, and maybe he can't, but either way he can't do much more damage. BidenHarris is taking care of creating the damage as we speak.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sweet Florida Song. AnyBody thinking what I am. - by Ninurta - 04-01-2022, 09:59 PM