Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EMERGENCY CURFEW: Spring Breakers Turn Miami Beach into Third World War Zone
Way back 40 years ago, the worst it could get was thousands of yewts (and their dogs) sprawled out drunk on the sand, in various states of being unclothed (but not the dogs, because that would be weird).   Just occasionally there were ambulances because of intoxicated faceplants or ODs.    I guess we couldn't afford to get really dangerous.   Almost everyone I knew was armed;  only a complete idiot would have started anything.    Spring break was fun.   We took controlled substances and *gasp* ate breakfast at 3:00 a.m.   

I don't know when or why so many people got so angry and aggressive, particularly in huge groups dedicated to partying.   

I've learned since then, though, to be wary of crowds.   Crowds sometimes spontaneously lose all semblance of individuality and morph into a ....  hive-mind mob, that loses its mind.  It's like sharks in blood diffused water.   I remember being at Dog Beach near San Diego in the early 80's and the people just kept coming and coming and pretty soon it was hazardous to be in the water.   That was my first experience of being truly frightened of a huge, drunken mob.    Two days later, 75% of the group moved somewhere else.   It was a great week after that.   

Oh Jeez, lookit me, I'm rambling again.   That won't get better with age.   minusculeheadbanging

Messages In This Thread
RE: EMERGENCY CURFEW: Spring Breakers Turn Miami Beach into Third World War Zone - by argentus - 03-30-2022, 01:46 AM