Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Female Swimmer in Tears ... Forced Out by Trans Swimmer
(03-19-2022, 01:47 AM)Snarl Wrote: It's a fun subject to hash out though.  And, with all the new (old) faces showing up while the other site is off-line it might be fun to talk about it.

As long as the rampant and unchecked ignorant transphobia from the other place doesn't migrate here and we can discuss these things like open-minded adults, it might be fun?

I wrote a post about this offline yesterday but decided not to post it because I generally prefer the let sleeping dogs lie approach to this subject but since someone else brought it up, license has been granted.

This is a shining example of male arrogance, misogyny and a total failure of absurdist gender identity ideology and I am absolutely appalled and angry. With more than 70 anti-trans bills across the country this legislative session, this couldn’t have come at a worse time as it does nothing but reinforce the fact that biology matters and while it absolutely does, this subject can’t be discussed without a bit of nuance and a deeper understanding so bear with me as I try to add some of that.

As many here already know, as a person of trans experience myself, I am very much opposed to large parts of the current so called trans ideology being promoted by activists as generally speaking, it comes pretty close to nonsensical bullshit but like most things in today’s polarized root for the team world, most see this as a strictly black or white proposition without giving consideration to the afore mentioned nuance or a deeper examination of the whole trans in sports issue.

Understanding the strong emotion and controversy surrounding the subject of trans in general particularly when it comes to children and adolescents, I am reluctant to wade in on this with what many will think is just another crackpot opinion but as a former trans child and adolescent, I do have some insight into these matters as well as the cultural and societal implications of allowing males to complete in sex segregated female sports, why some have pushed for this and why outright bans may sound good in theory but aren’t without their drawbacks in some cases.

Which brings me to the point I have rallied about before: not all things trans are created equal as much as the TRAs (trans rights activists) would like them to be.

My stance on this is if a genuinely pre-transsexual male trans child, i.e a trans girl has undergone puberty suppression and has socially transitioned, there will be no physical advantages to speak of and to aid their social development, it is to their benefit to be as integrated as possible with their female peers including participating in girl’s sports etc. but admittedly, this is pretty rare. These kids deserve to live as much of a normal life as possible and excluding them because of their condition can have negative implications.

I will add in another fact that modern trans ideology strives to suppress… research has noted that genuinely gender dysphoric pre-transsexual children typically exhibit a clustering of unique physical traits not demonstrated in the also rans such as being slight of build, fine boned and neoteny, characteristics the 6’1” Lia Thomas doesn’t exhibit by any stretch of the imagination.

Furthermore, I feel if someone has ever participated on a boy’s sports team, they should be excluded from participating on a girl’s team regardless of testosterone levels or whatever and if they do, they should be excluded from the results or records.

In summary, I understand both sides of this issue and with the exceptions noted, think trans people have no place participating in sports where biological differences are a factor. I am a bigot.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Female Swimmer in Tears ... Forced Out by Trans Swimmer - by Freija - 03-19-2022, 06:43 AM