Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghosts, Ghost Boxes, and The End of the World as We Know It
(03-21-2022, 03:08 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 02:49 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I am on the fence about these contraptions. 

Full disclosure, I have never used one or even seen one in use in-person. My only experience is seeing them on TV shows like The Holzer Files.

It seems the users interpret garbled static as words that are relevant. I guess you hear what you want to hear. With the ones which have words "programmed in", that seems a little suspect to me. How do I know some entity actually tried to say that to me? Or was it just the machine puking out some random data?

Don't get me wrong though. I believe there are entities out there which we humans interpret as ghosts. It could be more than one phenomena too. IDK. But how do I know it is the ghost of my Grandma and not something else? There could be a whole ecosystem of "spirits" out there. And do I really want to talk to them?

I've always been suspicious of them as well - how does a ghost know when to pinch off a wire just to let the phonemes he want through?

Exactly. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I have my doubts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghosts, Ghost Boxes, and The End of the World as We Know It - by ABNARTY - 03-21-2022, 03:23 PM