Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Written a while ago
(02-12-2022, 06:56 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Michigan Swamp Buck" 

You're much more ambitious than I.  I'll be happy to set up a multiple-OS boot system some day.

All the local area network stuff is a universe unto itself.  I remember the early LANs with thick cables and transceivers that physically penetrated the cable to make contact ("vampire tap").  Every once in a while, the tap would have to be adjusted so the contact remained solid.

Cheers

It sounds like you were more involved and did more with it than I did. I had just started using machine language subroutines to speed up the basic programs I made. I had aspired to create a D&D style game and got to the point of creating random rooms with monsters to chase your character around as well as background music. But at the time there were games out that were already well beyond what I was doing, so I started to learn to use software instead. Got into Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design and ended up doing graphic design for print and online.

As for my current project ideas . . .

The idea of a mesh-net is to create a grassroots public network, an alternative local internet of people's computers and devices more or less. If they decide to flip the off switch on communications, you could still have webpages, trade files, participate in network gaming, watch movies, play music, and communicate with others on the network.

The AI thing? Why not have a customized computer with a personal interface that's on your side?

Messages In This Thread
Written a while ago - by F2d5thCav - 01-24-2022, 05:21 PM
RE: Written a while ago - by Ninurta - 01-24-2022, 09:43 PM
RE: Written a while ago - by F2d5thCav - 01-25-2022, 09:34 AM
RE: Written a while ago - by Ninurta - 01-25-2022, 05:05 PM
RE: Written a while ago - by F2d5thCav - 02-10-2022, 10:53 AM
RE: Written a while ago - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 02-12-2022, 04:36 PM
RE: Written a while ago - by F2d5thCav - 02-12-2022, 06:56 PM
RE: Written a while ago - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 02-12-2022, 09:55 PM