Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
USPS Suspends Service to These Countries Temporarily
I rarely send out mail and almost never outside of domestic destinations, so I would have never noticed. As little as I send out, I do receive a lot of mail, much of it is important like bills or what have you.

Regardless of how little I may rely on the USPS, or that there are other services that can deliver correspondence and ship packages, I have to acknowledge that the breakdown of the postal service is a bad sign. Add to that the other numerous problems with shipping deliveries and the signs of collapse are becoming very clear IMO.

It reminds me of the movie "The Postman" with Kevin Costner and how important and culturally unifying things like the postal service are.

From Wikipedia . . . 

Quote:The Postman is a 1997 American post-apocalyptic action adventure film produced and directed by Kevin Costner, who plays the lead role. The screenplay was written by Eric Roth and Brian Helgeland, based on David Brin's 1985 book of the same name. The film also features Will Patton, Larenz Tate, Olivia Williams, James Russo, and Tom Petty.

It is set in a post-apocalyptic and neo-Western version of the disestablished United States in the then near-future year of 2013, sixteen-plus years after unspecified apocalyptic events, led by Nathan Holn, progressing to war, followed by plagues, that collectively left a huge impact on human civilization and erased most technology. Like the book, the film follows the story of a nomadic drifter (Costner) who stumbles across the uniform of an old United States Postal Service mail carrier, and unwittingly inspires hope through an empty promise of a "Restored United States of America" and starts his path to become a national hero.

That movie, like most Costner productions, was kind of lame and was a box office bomb, but I liked it when I saw it and thought it had a good message.

Messages In This Thread
RE: USPS Suspends Service to These Countries Temporarily - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 01-23-2022, 03:15 PM