Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russia, NATO, and Idiots
(01-27-2022, 08:28 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

Yeah.  Except that isolationism won't work in today's world.

We'll get sucked in; the only questions are; how much, and now or later.

I understand people don't want the USA to get involved in that conflict.  But I suggest people to shake off this odd "Putin is so misunderstood" notion.  He's another one of many dangerous psychotics who hold power in this world.  That, combined with his desire to wind the clock backwards is going to end badly for a lot of people.

Cheers

Of course isolationism would work, in any world... it's just that folks don't have the will to make it work any more. They're too addicted to cheap crap from China and such like baubles, and BidenHarris has ensured that we have to provide for our energy concerns by importing expensive crap from overseas instead of making it right here, as we were doing before he took office. He pushed us back into the Globalist network more firmly than we were previously entrenched in it. BidenHarris already has blood on his hands, but we ain't seen nothin' yet. He even did Germany a disservice by insuring they will be reliant on Russia for energy - the same Russia that is now rattling cages and threatening Germany to get with the program by holding their thumb on German energy. I haven't dug into it to see how in the hell BidenHarris had any say in that transaction at all - he has no business in German OR Russian deals that don't involve the US - but I bet there are some Globalists behind it.

I have no doubt that the Globalists will suck us right into the conflict, and there we agree 100%.

Of course Putin is a dangerous psychopath. Everyone with an urge to get into politics or garner power is. It's the psychopathology that draws them to it. BidenHarris, likewise, are dangerous pyschopaths, all the more dangerous because they are in over their heads, and have not a clue how to make anything work effectively. Putin may be a danger to Ukraine, but he's no danger to the US, unless we keep poking that bear with a pointy stick. There is no sign we are going to stop anytime soon. We'll eventually get him hemmed up in a corner, and from there the only way out he has is through us.

That ought to get pretty entertaining, in a deadly sort of way.

The problem is that those psychopaths rarely ever pay for their own ambition. It's the rest of the population, us peons, that suffers for it. BidenHarris are more dangerous to the US than Putin is - he has his own problems "over there" to handle.

You know, lately I've been studying up on civilization collapses. It's happened before, and will happen again. I believe it is happening right now, before our very eyes. Some of the hallmarks I've noted, from the Late Bronze Age Collapse through the collapse of the Roman Empire, the Parthians, the Babylonians, and virtually every other collapse that has occurred, was presaged by a few key factors. Overextended trade networks are a common feature, with civilizations coming to rely on others for their necessities. Now we have Globalism, the most overextended trade network in human history. We are already seeing strains and failures in the supply chains of that network.

Another feature is the weakening of the military, and over-reliance on foreign troops, "allies", and mercenaries. We are seeing those features now in the US, although I cannot speak to other nations as to where they are in that criteria. Our military is getting more and more "woke" and thus weaker, with an overemphasis on social justice issues that have nothing to do with fighting wars, and mercenaries are becoming a regular feature in our wars now. Don't get me wrong - mercenaries have their place in foreign policy, but it's not the place they have been getting increasingly thrust into. We also seem not to be able to fight a war any more without insisting on the involvement of "allies", who sometimes show themselves to be something other than.

Then there is the breakdown of law and order, and the weakening of enforcement mechanisms. We are seeing that phenomena, and the fruits therefrom, in the US right now. Police are being "defunded", and crime is rising to an all time high, particularly in urban areas. We've not seen the end of that - we haven't even seen the peak yet.

Then there is the "barbarian" factor - masses of "undocumented immigrants" who come to take over what we ourselves have become incapable of taking care of. In the LBA Collapse, it was, among others, the "Sea Peoples" who provided that impetus for collapse in the Eastern Mediterranean. At the same time, in Tollense Germany, it was someone else - no one knows who now, but there are a pile of bodies in that valley to show that it was someone. For the Babylonians, it was the Elamites and the desert tribes like the Amurru and the Habiru. The Roman Empire had the Goths, the Vandals, the Germans, the Gauls, and the Picts among others. The point is, when the wolves smell the blood, they will come, whatever the historical age or empire collapsing. We see that now in the US with the unchecked "immigration" across the southern border, and Europe is experiencing their "Barbarians" primarily from the Middle East and Africa... but it's happening all over.

Civilization collapse follows the same template we are in right now. The upside of that is that people - the ones who aren't killed in the collapse, anyhow - don't go away. They just band together in the aftermath and create a new civilization, alien to the ones that have gone before. The descendants of those of us who survive will go on, create their own new civilization, and make the same mistakes we are making now. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The only way to avoid a civilization collapse is to not be a part of the collapsing civilization. Isolationism. Since we refuse to save ourselves, the next best thing is to prepare our kids and grandkids for the next civilization to come.

Here's a video on the Late Bronze Age collapse. Most folks already know of the Roman Empire collapse, so I won't link a video for that. This one is long, about 2 1/2 hours, but full of information if you have a mind to watch it:

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Russia, NATO, and Idiots - by 727Sky - 01-20-2022, 12:23 AM
RE: Russia, NATO, and Idiots - by Ninurta - 01-20-2022, 02:52 AM
RE: Russia, NATO, and Idiots - by ABNARTY - 01-21-2022, 01:28 AM
RE: Russia, NATO, and Idiots - by Ninurta - 01-21-2022, 07:09 AM
RE: Russia, NATO, and Idiots - by Kenzo - 01-21-2022, 06:58 PM
RE: Russia, NATO, and Idiots - by Ninurta - 01-21-2022, 10:17 PM
RE: Russia, NATO, and Idiots - by Kenzo - 01-23-2022, 08:45 AM
RE: Russia, NATO, and Idiots - by 727Sky - 01-23-2022, 08:53 AM
RE: Russia, NATO, and Idiots - by Kenzo - 01-24-2022, 10:49 AM
RE: Russia, NATO, and Idiots - by F2d5thCav - 01-24-2022, 05:24 PM
RE: Russia, NATO, and Idiots - by Ninurta - 01-24-2022, 09:17 PM