Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Very Marie Christmas
Marie decided to run to her room and get her things so she wouldn’t be underfoot while Lilith changed memories. When she returned Lilith and a few others from the agency had been hard at work. Everything looked the same as it had before. The guests were laughing and having a great time. She bristled and started in when she saw the Smiths near her parents.

“Not so fast Marie.” Lilith warned. Those are truly the Smiths. They must have gotten possessed after they arrived here. It’s okay. Your parents are safe. I couldn’t help but notice how brave your father was. I just couldn’t take all that away from him. Well, you’ll see what mean.

Marie walked over to her parents to tell them goodbye.

“Oh Marie!” her mother said enthusiastically. “You should have seen your dad earlier. There were two stray dogs that found their way in here. They bit poor Neil and Donna. Your dad pulled them off of them and chased them out of the hotel. Those dogs were so big and frightening, not like your sweet Penny and Bella. He was amazing.” 

Ted looked a little embarrassed at all the praise and waved off the compliment. 

Marie hugged her parents and said “I’m so proud of you dad, you are more amazing than you’ll ever know. I’m sorry I have to leave, something has come up at the ranch. I love y’all and will see you on Christmas Day.”

Marie left her key at the front desk. She then walked over to where Lilith and Loki were waiting and asked for a ride back to the dually.

Loki said “Lilith will drive you home. It would seem I’ve given up my carriage ride business and am now the proud owner of Big L’s Towing.”

She thanked him as they looked at Lilith’s little sports car. Marie wondered how Penny and Bella would fit in the small backseat. “Loki? Seems I have one more favor to ask. Can Penny and Bella ride with you?”

“It would be my pleasure. I will take exemplary care of them.”

Marie looked him in the eye and said “You’d better or I’ll figure out how to become immortal so I can torment you forever.”

“You already torment me Marie” he said as he and the dogs made their way to the tow truck.

Marie and Lilith got into the car and sped to the interstate then rocketed south, the lights from the city a blur. Marie tried to call Josh several times but there was no answer. They made it to the gates of the ranch in record time. Lilith pulled out a 9mm and Marie, almost embarrassed asked “You wouldn’t happen to have another one of those laying around would you?”

“Glove compartment “ Lilith answered, eyebrow raised.

Marie opened the glove compartment and pulled the pistol out of it. She hated it. She missed the feel of her .38. She thanked Lilith anyway.

The ranch was completely dark when they arrived. Marie’s 55 Ford pickup wasn’t anywhere in sight and she dared to hope that Josh was okay. Then she spotted them. A pair of angry cyclopes were charging toward them from behind the barn. Marie and Lilith stepped out of the car and emptied their magazines into them. The cyclopes fell and disappeared before their eyes. They reloaded and checked the rest of the ranch over for more enemies. To their relief there was nothing more lurking in the shadows. As they were finishing up Loki pulled in with the tow truck hauling the dually. 

Marie had gone over to the barn to open the doors so she could drive the truck in where it would be out of the weather. She was relieved to see headlights. Josh. The gravel crunched under the tires of the pickup as he pulled into the driveway. He stopped, killed the engine and ran toward her. 

“Marie, what happened?” he asked worried, staring at the windshield.

Marie said “Hel.”

Josh looked confused “Hail? I didn’t know there was even a storm. Glad you’re okay.”

Marie shrugged and said “I know a guy that can come out and replace it. Until then you can keep driving mine.”

Loki had unloaded the dually and let Penny and Bella out of the tow truck. He said his goodbyes then drove away. Marie walked Lilith to her car.

“Still want me to wipe your memory?” Lilith asked.

“No” Marie answered. “Seems this stuff is bound to keep happening and I can probably keep everyone safer if I know about it.”

Lilith smiled and said “Take a break, I’ll call you soon.” Then she got in her car and drove away.

A few nights later found Marie sitting near her fireplace. It was Christmas Eve. She had finished putting up her tree and wrapping presents for her parents, Josh and Penny and Bella. It had been a quiet few days and she was grateful. She sat up when she heard a sound outside. She walked out and saw a red sleigh complete with reindeer. A man wearing a red suit was digging around in a bag. “Hello Marie!” he boomed. 

“Hi Santa” Marie said almost shyly as Penny and Bella ran through the doggy door tails wagging.

Santa handed the dogs a couple of juicy bones and new collars along with protective vests. He then handed Marie a bottle of her favorite whiskey. “Compliments of Mrs. Claus.”

She thanked him and asked if he’d like some and went in to grab a couple of glasses.

“Oh” he said after he took a drink, “I almost forgot. Hel sent this. She felt bad that she broke yours and asked the Dwarven Blacksmiths, Brokkr and Eitri if they could do something about it. It’s unbreakable Marie.” He placed into her hand a shiny new .38.

Marie smiled and said “This is the best Christmas ever.”

Santa laughed and climbed back into his sleigh and as it climbed into the sky, it began to snow. Marie waved and Santa shouted “Merry Christmas!”

Messages In This Thread
A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-09-2021, 01:42 AM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by ABNARTY - 12-09-2021, 02:53 AM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-09-2021, 04:25 AM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by ABNARTY - 12-09-2021, 06:12 PM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-09-2021, 08:14 PM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-10-2021, 02:14 AM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-10-2021, 05:17 PM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 12-11-2021, 04:02 AM
RE: A Very Marie Christmas - by VioletDove - 12-11-2021, 06:38 AM