Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collaborative Writing please join in the story
"Give me your pants and socks and I will wash them for you," she commanded.

I did as she requested but held my rifle at the ready once I was undressed. She was fast and shortly my pants and socks were on a branch drying. She asked what else besides the canoe had I found at John's; I showed her the two Rod and Reels and the well stocked fishing tackle box in the canoe.

"Wow, I am already hungry so lets go and catch us some fish" !

It was two hours before we managed to catch 4 decent sized fish which were all caught 2 by two almost at the same time. One of us would hook one and a second later the other person would also have a fish on their line.

We returned to the rock and unloaded the canoe after beaching it. Using the recently acquired matches I had a fire going suitable for cooking in about 5 minutes. Sally had been busy cleaning the fish with my Bowie Knife and was almost finished by the time I had a green tree branch to skewer and cook our fish on.

The fish was OK if you like unseasoned fish... but one should not disparage the Lake that feeds you less 10,000 camel fleas crawl up you butt...

It was almost sun up by the time we finished eating and as our clothes were still wet we decided to stay the day at the lake and do some more fishing. Also I wanted to go back to the boat shed and see if I had missed anything in my night time search .

Yes I wanted to get to the airport and fly someplace with a real sit down restaurant and a place to get some new clothes but .... Live in the now but plan for the future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collaborative Writing please join in the story - by 727Sky - 11-26-2021, 09:27 AM