Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collaborative Writing please join in the story
Which was what I thought would happen days ago when I came upon something that reminded me of all the legends I’d heard of skinwalkers. After everything that had happening during the previous days it wouldn’t have surprised me. It turned out that it was a lone coyote that had been abandoned by her pack. 

She was injured and half starved. I walked toward her carefully, fishing around in my pack for a bite of jerky. Her right front leg was caked in blood. I reached out for her to see how she’d react to my touch. Whether it was from sheer exhaustion from pain and loss of blood I didn’t know, but she didn’t seem to mind. I used some of my precious water to clean the area and bandaged her up. She then followed me back to camp. I guess she decided sticking with me was better than being alone.

The sound of movement in the brush brought me back to the present. It was getting cold. I grabbed a few more pieces of wood to put on the fire and checked my surroundings. I saw the coyote coming back from whatever excursion that had taken her away. She lay down at the edge of the fire and looked at me as if to say she was there now, to sleep, she would keep watch.

I lay down and looked at the sky, amazed at how many stars I could see now that there were no lights anywhere on the horizon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collaborative Writing please join in the story - by VioletDove - 11-23-2021, 06:56 PM