Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collaborative Writing please join in the story
I started this at ATS https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1300273/pg1 and thought it might be interesting and fun to do the same here as we really do have many talented writers both here and there .

I have not seen one of these posted or attempted for a long time. They can be fun and interesting as long as posters are committed to adding value to the story line and not destroying what others have spent time to create. Owners, Mods and of course anyone else at ATS/Rogue Nation can participate which makes it all the more fun.

I am not golfing today as I suffered a lite heat stroke yesterday after the last hole.. 33 C and 3 cups of coffee and me did not get along very well I suppose.... but I won so regardless of being stupid at least there was that ...

OK the beginning of the story and where it turns an twist only the members will tell !

The beginning and maybe the end

I have read so many books and short stories where the hero is faced with impossible odds yet always seems to survive and come out of the fray or any situation...a hero. I hoped that I would end up a hero in this story but in all honesty I felt more like a fill in character who would shortly be sacrificed to make the real hero look important and hero-ish; unfortunately I am all there is in this story and the odds, as far as I can see, look to better favor some gambling house in costly resort; not impossible odds but not favorable by any book maker .

I had a 40 pound back pack with all my worldly possessions which also contained a water blivet which when filled could carry 2.5 gallons of life giving water. Water is damn heavy so I usually ran the blivet only half full or even empty on occasions as my location provided me with many water sources. Most of the weight in the pack was due to 500 rounds of 7.62 and another 300 rounds of 9mm ammo. About half the 9mm was subsonic which made the suppressor even more effective at keeping the noise down. Water purification tablets, a few C-rats and MREs along with two fire starters, one folding and one Bowie knife that was big and heavy but at times very useful. I had two tubes of three and one antibiotic cream and a med kit that even had needles for sowing up a wound. Those are not all of the items in the back pack but those particular things have been extremely important for my survival .

I had started out with a Bamboo walking stick which could also function as a spear but it did not work very well so when I found a young straight tree sapling Mr. Bowie and I set about making a more functional 7 foot long walking stick and fire hardened spear. The 7 foot long spear could also become a club which was useful when beating off some creature that wanted to have a bite out of your leg as a snack.

Messages In This Thread
Collaborative Writing please join in the story - by 727Sky - 11-23-2021, 02:37 AM