Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remember the girl who was raped in the school bathroom
Loudoun County schools have a plethora of issues, and this one is nowhere near the top of the list, it's just getting top billing because it is current.

My son went to high school in Loudoun County, so I'm not just talking out of my ass or from sound bites on the news. Loudoun County is one of the, if not THE, wealthiest counties in America, and it is a disgrace for them to have such a substandard school system. Their schools have utterly forsaken education in favor of woke indoctrination. Schools are for teaching, educating, not for social indoctrination... but that is where Loudoun County has gone, and it is disgraceful. No wonder parents are up in arms over it. My entire family has left there, and taken up residence in saner areas, so we no longer have a dog in that fight. Loudoun County can go ahead and explode for all we care.

Loudoun County is in Northern Virginia, right on the border with Maryland, and that brings up another part of the problem - the entire state of Virginia is no longer interested in education. Oh, they provide lip service to it, but that is all. Instead, the state department of education hands down edicts for indoctrination and social engineering, and gives no shits at all about actual education.

This trans bathroom issue is an example. That edict to implement the policy was handed down from Richmond. Some counties have refused to comply, and that is going to get interesting. There was a big ruckus about it in neighboring Russell County, and all of the dust has still not settled. The school board has voted to not implement it, with the backing of a majority of the parents there. Matter of fact, the ONLY people I've heard speak against it are from other places, not Russell County. They need to go the hell home and run their own houses as they see fit, not try to force other folks into running their little world they way the (outsider) dissenters want it run.

I personally back the Russell County School Board. Not that it matters, because I don't live there, either, so I really have no dog in that fight, but I was raised there, I know the people, and I can see what the school board is trying to do. They are trying to save lives. Sure as God made little green apples, the first time a guy goes into the same restroom as some of those fellas daughters, that guy is going to be found some time later, face down in a ditch. It ain't right, but that is the reality of it. Right and wrong don't enter the picture, only hard, cold reality does.

I went to high school in Russell County, lo those many years ago. The entire time I was in high school, I ran across exactly ONE guy who may (or may not) have been transgendered. I never asked his politics or his sexual preferences, because in all seriousness I just wasn't interested in either. I did light a couple folks up for picking on him, because he had some seriously effeminate mannerisms, but I just wasn't interested in his personal life - he wasn't a friend, nor was he an enemy, he was just another student to me, with as much right to an education as any of the rest of us.

One other incident, also in high school but at another place, occurred. In my Junior year, I was in the "Upward Bound" program, where some folks some where had an idea to give students they thought had promise a leg-up, and send them to college over the summer interims between school years. My summers were spent at a campus of the University of Virginia. There was a guy there who was thoroughly feminized, and I used to occasionally hang out with him just to keep him from being entirely alone there. He was pretty badly ostracized. I took a little bit of crap for that, but not too much. Folks quickly figured out that I didn't care to take a tussle and catch a charge of I was screwed with, so the bullshit stopped.

So, back then, this sort of thing was just not as prevalent as it seems to be now. It was a thing, but not nearly as big a thing as folks would have us believe it is now. Are people really that different over a mere 50 odd years?

For my money, the bathroom issue could be resolved by just creating a third kind of student bathroom for "other than". Give trans kids their own. That, it seems to me, would protect them, and keep frictions at a minimum for everyone. Teenage years are tough for everyone, not just trans kids, and I can see no reason that one's "rights" should be allowed to run roughshod over the "rights" of any other.

Everyone is getting all bent out of shape over trans rights, and in the shuffle are losing sight of the rights of the "not trans" kids to enter a bathroom in peace, without having to worry whether there is a guy or gal in there for them to have to work around. For example, I've never been in the habit of taking a leak around strange women, not even if those strange women are wearing a 3 piece suit, a tie, and really sporty shoes. What about the rights of not-trans kids to go to the bathroom in peace and security? Do trans rights just eliminate their rights?

NO ONE has a "right" to be accepted. Not me, nor anyone else. Like respect, acceptance is earned, not granted. No one has a right to force someone else to rub elbows with them. The closest thing they have is a right to be left alone in peace... but that same right also belongs to the targets of their ire, eh?

The bigger issue, the issue that this transgender bathroom free-for-all is masking (designed to mask?) is all of the OTHER social engineering bullshit that woke politicians are trying to force down the throats of the populace in lieu of simply educating.

It's eventually going to end poorly.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember the girl who was raped in the school bathroom - by Ninurta - 10-27-2021, 11:32 PM