Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not exactly a Match for with Human DNA
(10-25-2021, 06:05 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Lip discs - No doubt there are lots of examples of body modifications out there. I guess I am trying to say how many are extreme as cranial deformation? That's the skull and the brain. If you mess that up, it's game over.  

products of mothers and fathers of different species - I agree a chicken and a cow cannot interbreed producing offspring. But a horse and donkey can. Sometimes those offspring can successfully produce offspring of their own. In this case, at least the way I understood it, there were unusual genetic differences but I am guessing they were not significant enough to stop interbreeding. Plenty of people walking around today with Neanderthal or Denisovan genetic lineage. Could it be simply another human variant we are not aware of yet? Science seems to discover those pretty frequently. 

nutrient tanks - Every time I go to Walmart, this possibility becomes more and more believable.  tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

Good point about the potential for them to be a different species of human, or a hybrid of two different species of human. I understand about the Neanderthals and Denisovans as I have more Neanderthal DNA than most folks, so I'm something of a hybrid too - that shows it to be possible. 

I had "alien-human hybrid" in mind when I typed that - if organisms which both originate on the same planet with similar DNA also have DNA that will not merge, how much more so would organisms from entirely different planets, with entirely different DNA, be unable to mix? But the potential for it to be a different species of human, or hybrids thereof, is a real possibility.

Engineered organisms, CRISPRed people, is another possibility, and one that I think may have potential. I keep going back to the notion that they have no sagittal suture, and that begs the question of how would a natural birth be possible in that case? but genetically engineered people "birthed" from nutrient tanks would remove that obstacle. I'm not saying that is the only possibility, but it remains a strong one that accounts for all the facts.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not exactly a Match for with Human DNA - by Ninurta - 10-25-2021, 08:30 PM