Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mold problemo
(08-12-2021, 06:10 PM)Kenzo Wrote: I live in mold house tinybighuh

I am 99.5% sure the house has serious mold problem. Also one professional house inspector also think it`s mold when he opened floor and wallls and taked samples.

Anyway, does any of you ever had the pleasure of living in mold house ? and do you know does good dehumidifier or air purifier  that also clean gases / VOC help ? I allready have air purifier that clean particles, but it`s not really for gases/VOC ...

I am looking solutions....i know i am in some timeline moving out, but at this very moment i cant tinyshocked

I moved to countryside to have better health, but find myself in trouble.  Right now it shows 55% humidity indoors.....i am wondering if good dehumidifier could make at least some difference....lower how much mold grow??....but i have never used those anywhere before, so no experience .

relative humidity for inside a home should run between 30% low end and 50% high end. my house stays just below 40. yours at 55% it's just a tad high.

if you smell or see mold first and foremost, you need to find the source of the moisture caucusing the mold and stop it. if it's a old house with copper pipes you could have a corrosion leak copper pipes overtime can really thin that just trickles if that much, maybe just a few drop at a time. then get built up and spreads  through the walls that can build up and soak a massive area before you know it.

also could be drain pipes, could be leaks in the roof, trim around the eves. windows a number of places.

have you seen signs of water damage. may have to bust out some walls, climb up in the attic and look. also look at your insulation, roof leaks can start out small and not completely go through the insulation.

haven't had to use one before,  but you can get those exhaust fans that sit on the floor and open doors and windows and suck out moisture. ventalation is the key to drying and reducing the moisture, along with finding the cause.
[Image: TWBB.png]

Messages In This Thread
Mold problemo - by Kenzo - 08-12-2021, 06:10 PM
RE: Mold problemo - by Ninurta - 08-12-2021, 08:37 PM
RE: Mold problemo - by hounddoghowlie - 08-12-2021, 09:52 PM
RE: Mold problemo - by Kenzo - 08-13-2021, 04:24 AM
RE: Mold problemo - by hounddoghowlie - 08-12-2021, 08:58 PM
RE: Mold problemo - by Kenzo - 08-13-2021, 04:39 AM
RE: Mold problemo - by hounddoghowlie - 08-13-2021, 02:26 PM
RE: Mold problemo - by hounddoghowlie - 08-12-2021, 09:11 PM
RE: Mold problemo - by Kenzo - 08-13-2021, 04:40 AM
RE: Mold problemo - by F2d5thCav - 08-13-2021, 08:25 AM