Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Either we have a Constitution, or we do not.
(08-08-2021, 03:35 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: I sit here and wait for the epiphany that refuses to come to everyone. The entire system, left, right and center is corrupt. They have always been corrupt. The one you wish to use to replace this one will be corrupted as well. The media, all of it is a corrupt for profit endeavor. There is no escaping this fact. Many of you are older, like myself and depend on social nets like SS, Medicare, Disability, Workmans comp and the like. Destroy the system du jour and you destroy that as well. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. It's a proven fact. What end do any of you imagine you might create? Some kind of libertarian utopia? I think most everyone needs to slow their roll. Because a good deal of you could in no way survive the dystopian hellscape that goes with what you are visualizing. I include myself in that crew, by the way. I read left to right and right to left. The delusion is that a righteousness exists in their midst. MSM feeds off of all of this and pits us against each other and all for the allmighty dollar. My one sadness is what puppets, what fools we've all become. Look at history, look at your own situation. See the beauty of what you have. Because in the final analysis, we are here for a set period of time and for the vast majority of us, our time here has been and continues to be the stuff of dreams relative to the waves of humanity that exist now and have come before us. Take pause for cause my friends. I'd be fascinated to hear what a revolution may bring about? Because if it's what I see, there will be no winners.

I don't care to be a winner  I'm not in competition for anything. All I want is to live until I die, and live on my own terms for as long as that lasts, until I stop breathing. I don't need any "leaders", Right, Left, or Center to tell me what their terms are. I don't care. I'm just here until I'm not any more, and I have no urge to play Follow the Leader.

I'm no longer interested in any revolutions. the time for that has passed, and I'm too long in the tooth to keep up now. So I'll keep living on my own terms until I don't any more. I'll either die peacefully in my sleep, or with a bullet in my chest, blood in my mouth, and a curse on my lips. Either way, I'll be gone. We only have a finite time here in this rockball - do what you want with that time while you have it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Either we have a Constitution, or we do not. - by Ninurta - 08-08-2021, 07:27 AM