Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Long Slide Looms for World Population, With Sweeping Ramifications
(05-26-2021, 02:19 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Call me weird but I am good with less people around. 

Maybe I am reading too many post-apocalypses books  tinylaughing

I recommend the post-apocalyptic books of Franklin Horton. The "Borrowed World" series in particular, although the "Mad Mick" series is pretty damned good, too. I hear in the wind that there is about to be some sort of shake-up between those two series, and they are set in the same literary universe, a few miles apart.

Franklin is a personal friend of mine, for years now. As a matter of fact, I inspired one of his characters in "The Borrowed World" series. He has a habit of killing off his characters. Every time a new title in the series comes out, I have to rush to get it to make sure he hasn't killed off "my" character, too.

Franklin sometimes has a twist to him, and doesn't mind shocking folks upon occasion. I recall once years ago when he confided in me that he wanted to don a pair of dark sunglasses, get one of those red-tipped blind canes, and drive his car down the main street of our home town tapping the yellow line with the cane and see how long it took for the cops to stop him...

... gong to college only made him worse.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Long Slide Looms for World Population, With Sweeping Ramifications - by Ninurta - 05-26-2021, 03:14 AM