Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pet goldfish dumped into lakes are growing into football-sized monsters
Gold fish are a type of carp. Carp get pretty big. Once I had 3 of them out of South Holston Lake that were about 4 feet long each, and quite a bit more than 4 pounds apiece. Cleaned 'em and canned 'em like salmon, and it loaded up two whole shelves in the cellar house with carp in mason jars.

Those big ass Coy or Koi, or however you spell that which you see in ornamental ponds are a type of gold fish, and they get pretty big, too. I've seen gold fish in the same sort of ponds a foot long, so they do get pretty big. I'd imagine they could fill any ecological niche that carp currently occupy.

I'm not above eating gold fish that big, either.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pet goldfish dumped into lakes are growing into football-sized monsters - by Ninurta - 08-18-2016, 10:43 PM