Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nicotine and Menthol as Possible Treatments for SARS-CoV-2
(05-02-2021, 06:41 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Seems odd this is happening now. Menthol cigarettes have been around since ~1930. All of a sudden 90 years later, panic mode to get rid of them. 

Why not get rid of tobacco and vaping too if you are concerned about health? None of it is particularly good for you long term. But the menthol part?

Not sure if I am on board with your theory just yet, although I do concede it is totally plausible as there is a track record.

DC is a commune of aggressive and domineering good-idea fairies who don't care about anything but their own fiefdom. Perhaps this is simply evidence of one of their spastic brain storming sessions?

They're already getting rid of vaping - don't give 'em any ideas about tobacco too!

When I was growing up, I was just south of mining country. A lot of the folks there worked in the mines, but they had to drive a bit every day to get to them. The country I was in was tobacco country instead. Acres and acres of tobacco fields everywhere, as far as the eye could see. Many families made almost all their yearly money in tobacco, and many more raised tobacco as an income supplement..

Now those tobacco fields are all gone. I've not seen a tobacco field since I was in North Carolina, and there were damned few there. None here now. When I was a teenager, I made fair money working in the various tobacco fields for the farmers there. Rough job. You either had to wear long sleeves in the hot sun all day, or wash your arms in gasoline at the end of the day to get all the tobacco gum off of them. Still. I know how to grow it, so maybe this would be a good time to get some seed, before no more can be got.

I believe their crackdown on nicotine and menthol has a dual purpose. One is to show folks just who is the boss, and the other is to get folks nerves all jangled up. That can lead to bad deeds, which is what they are after. A potential third reason is the covid thing - when they engineered their bioweapon, testing may have shown that nicotine and menthol ease the severity, and they can't have that, so get rid of the things that combat their bioweapon...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nicotine and Menthol as Possible Treatments for SARS-CoV-2 - by Ninurta - 05-03-2021, 10:48 AM