Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nearly all of us get worse with wear (aging), but holy cow.
(02-16-2021, 08:06 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 07:46 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 06:44 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I have had moments when I knew I was home along, and was startled by the stranger in the mirror, to awaken to the fact, that that stranger was me. 

that's just CRS syndrome ( Can't Remember Shit ) it happens to most of us.

For sure I have CRS syndrome. No doubt about it. But I have to be honest with myself if no one else, that I have gotten old, fat, and I left any good looks I may have had somewhere along the road.

Now I am doing something about the fat thing. I started walking three months ago. I started with doing 1/2 mile, and worked myself up to two miles. I did 2.5 miles today, will be up to three miles by the end of the month.

I was so shocked a few hours ago. One of my neighbors stopped when I was walking on Saturday. Him and his wife were headed out. They stopped and told me how proud they were of me, for sticking with the walking for so long and complimenting me on how good I looked.

So imagine my shock and joy when they stopped by a couple hours ago and gave me a SmartWatch. They said it was to give me the motivation to keep going and to be able to keep better track of my mileage. I swear I have the best neighbors on the planet. We look out for each other, and we share our harvests, but I never expected anything so helpful and supportive. They are truly amazing.

Of course, I am truly committed now. I can't waste their money. tinywondering

That is AWESOME! Hold on to the commitment!

Same process going on here. Raising the walking mileage little by little. I have no extra weight, but i am in poor shape. And i WANT to get back to the shape i was before August 21st 2020 when the bus hit me and my home became my prison for months.

I am going to make it. I have zero cells of determination within me. But walking fast and walking far gives me pleasure.

Oh, and your neighbors sound like fantastic people! Good thing that their neighbor is great too (you!)
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nearly all of us get worse with wear (aging), but holy cow. - by Finspiracy - 02-17-2021, 12:10 AM