Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I want the JAB! Give Me The JAB!
(02-14-2021, 12:04 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote:
Quote:The CRISPR/Cas 9 study found a gene tied to cellular senescence (which tells cells to stop growing) and also, that CRISPR/Cas9 treatment can make partially dormant the aging process. CRISPR/Cas9 treatment allowed mice to live 25% longer and be physically stronger. Biologists see these results being relatively easy to reproduce on humans in a clinical setting.

CRISPR scares me. From the first time I heard of what they have been able to do with it, I saw disaster waiting to happen.

No matter how smart we think we are, there is always something we don't know. Playing around with something as dangerous as CRISPR is like putting a toddler in a cockpit. Even with automatic pilot, no one would think for a second that would be a good idea.

I just don't have enough faith in science or man to trust any human being with that kind of power of genetic manipulation. The one thing as humans that we do well, is screw crap up. Just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should.

I have no desire to extend my life past my expiration date. When it is my time, I am ready.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
I want the JAB! Give Me The JAB! - by OmegaLogos - 02-14-2021, 12:04 AM
RE: I want the JAB! Give Me The JAB! - by Ninurta - 02-14-2021, 12:36 AM
RE: I want the JAB! Give Me The JAB! - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 02-14-2021, 01:47 AM
RE: I want the JAB! Give Me The JAB! - by Kenzo - 02-14-2021, 06:17 AM