Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gina Carano Fired from The Madalorian. For What?
I guess I am missing something. Maybe context. According to Newsweek, this is what she said that got her the boot:

"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors... even by children... Because history is edited, most people today don't realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"
https://www.newsweek.com/what-gina-caran...ed-1568539

The article states this is an offensive post. It was on Instagram. I first was lead to it by a post on FB. Obviously the comments were all by the pearl clutching, Hrrumphing, history-knowledge deficient, wall warmers. 

But what is offensive? Honestly? It's the truth. It's what happened. Not pretty but all accurate. How does it denigrate the Holocaust? 

If Disney was looking for a reason to fire her, at least pick a better opportunity. Unless this kills two or more birds with one stone. 

Messages In This Thread
Gina Carano Fired from The Madalorian. For What? - by ABNARTY - 02-11-2021, 05:26 PM