Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Covid for Christmas? Have an Onion!
(12-26-2020, 05:54 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote: I wonder if garlic and ginger would also help?

minusculebeercheers

Probably. Garlic contains some of the same volatiles that make onions effective, and it is good for the blood pressure, as a blood purifier, and to prevent colds and flus as well. Ginger is better used AFTER you catch a bug. It helps sweat out the bad things. Ground ginger root is something I put in hot toddies to get rid of a bug that's bothering me. For that, I use rum, ground ginger root, a bit of lemon juice, some sugar to make it palatable, and cinnamon. Cut it with just enough hot water to guzzle it down.

Hot peppers also help if you catch something. They can help sweat it out, but more importantly they break up the phlegm that collects in the lungs, and assist in preventing a cold from turning into pneumonia. Gotta eat 'em for it to work. Some folks can't quite hack that. I use them in chili to thin 'out the heat a little bit. I have been known to eat the hot sauce packs from Taco Bell, straight out of the pack. Between 20 and 40 minutes later, I'm hacking up a lung, but it clears 'em out so I can breathe better and rattle less. Before Taco bell was invented, I used to make hot sauce sandwiches. two slices of bread and some Texas Pete or McIlhenny's, and that's it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid for Christmas? Have an Onion! - by Ninurta - 12-26-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: Covid for Christmas? Have an Onion! - by Wallfire - 12-26-2020, 01:09 PM