Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Could This Mark The Start Of The Great Apostasy?
(12-22-2020, 05:54 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: The Catholic church saw a huge decline with the priest scandals.  My own parents, who went to church weekly while I was growing up(yes they made me go too) haven't been to church ever since.

I went to Catholic school kindergarten through twelfth grade.  I'm sorry, but it never made sense to me.  A God who would test somebody by asking them to kill their own child?  A God who would wipe out all life on earth except one person?  A vengeful God?  Really?

I never bought any of it.  I'm sure Jesus was a stellar human being, somebody to follow.  Hell, he'd have my vote for president.  But the son of God?  

If God is out there somewhere watching, I think God would be happy with those who simply treat others well and live their lives well.  If not, if God demands my kneeling once a week at church, if God really is a God who would test a father by requiring a child sacrifice, I'll take my chances with Lucifer

You are not alone with your questions and confusion.

I was where you are now, until I recognized religion as a tool and or weapon of man, and that God was no where in it.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could This Mark The Start Of The Great Apostasy? - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 12-22-2020, 06:00 AM