Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE
(12-12-2020, 05:51 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 05:10 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 05:00 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I think it's debateable whether they have survived up until now. Sure, they're still breathing, but is that really LIVING?

You're right, it's been a steady decline over there, ever since politics took over.  I don't see that changing any time soon.

Sure, it's a conspiracy site, and we all know conspiracies abound in politics.  I didn't join for that reason.  It's become a left versus right shit-flinging competition. 

I joined ATS for all things paranormal, and it was a gold mine for a long time, but not anymore, and not anytime again soon.  In my opinion.

It's not even the topic of politics, in my estimation. It's the low-brow, 4th grade schoolyard brawl style of argument that is allowed to pass for "debate" over there. Can't win an argument? No problem - just personally attack your opponent, and no one will notice your lack of debate skills...

But that don't fly here, which is what sets us apart.

There is no point in merely banning certain words or ideas, turning certain "objectionable" words into pound signs, while still allowing folks to poke one another in the eye for no good reason. So we don't ban words or ideas - we just insist that you don't attack your brothers and sisters personally... or we'll turn this car right around, mister!

Debate of ideas is the foundation for knowledge and growth, but accusing your opponent of ridiculous things just to distract from your loss of ground in the debate is no longer debating the idea. It's just bitch-slapping your opponent. There is no growth in that.

Exactly.  I'd throw in the occasional political rant over there when somebody, a politician, deserved it.  But I never attacked another member.  In my book, they are as entitled to their opinion as I am.

Labeling members with an opinion contrary to yours as a "government shill" has become very common at ATS.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by drussell41 - 12-12-2020, 04:45 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by drussell41 - 12-12-2020, 07:11 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by Schmoe1 - 12-13-2020, 02:18 AM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by Wallfire - 12-13-2020, 12:50 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by Wallfire - 12-13-2020, 02:27 PM
RE: ATS WILL MOST LIKELY CONTINUE TO LIVE - by Wallfire - 12-13-2020, 05:17 PM