Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate
(12-04-2020, 02:09 PM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 12:58 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: And nature, she is a fierce landlord. She will take her land back in the blink of an eye.

Yeppaah... Seems like she is doing it right now... See the conspiracy theorist in me?

I am surrounded by at least one hundred humans right now. All in their own concrete boxes. Same people for years and years. No one knows each others first name...

I was trying to make a point but i lost it minusculebeercheers

That is why I left city living. After three years I came to the conclusion that high rise living was for ants and cockroaches. Three years is all I could take, I moved back to the country. 

But I was a country girl from birth. My city cousins love to visit, but they can't wait to get back to the street lights, transportation at the lift of thumb, and all the hustle and bustle. 

They have lived next to people for years, and don't know their names, and may have at least once or twice said, "Hi."

We live a nice walking distance from each other, will stop if you drive by a neighbor, and will have at least a 5 minute conversation, catching up on what is going on, and checking up on the grandchildren. It may be one of the reasons I am always late. 

The road has widened quite a bit, mostly from all the grading we have done over the 20 odd years I have been out here.  It started out as a cow pasture. It is now just a wider cow pasture, so you have to add another 20 minutes to drive time. Throw in having to stop and give a breif update to the neighbors, then you have to add the neccessary minutes it is going to get you anywhere.

I used to say I would never leave here, but those that say, "Never say never say never. ", are right.

The growth into the area, the building and establishment of a brand new city, that completely surrounds us, and is less than six miles away, is choking the life out of us. Right now we are just a tiny country outpost, completely surrounded, and an area of interest that draws the teens in like moths to a flame.

So I am likely to leave in about five years. I am thinking about a small cottage in the mountains. Even though my brother had the same thing happen to him. He sits at the very top of the mountain, and watched the landscape below him disappear, morphing into concrete and lights. So he sits at the top with all the animals that got displaced. 

Country living will soon only be found in the land of folklore.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by drussell41 - 11-30-2020, 11:37 PM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by Wallfire - 12-01-2020, 02:38 PM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by Wallfire - 12-01-2020, 02:53 PM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by drussell41 - 12-02-2020, 05:25 PM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by drussell41 - 12-02-2020, 08:46 PM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by drussell41 - 12-03-2020, 11:29 AM
RE: I Think Our Hawk Has Lost Its Mate - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 12-04-2020, 02:50 PM