Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Meaning of Disgrace
What I am about to say, you will not want to hear. I know that, and I am not trying to make light of your fear and angst. and I am not trying to be dismissive.

I too grew up poor, but I was blessed to have grown up in the country, so we ate off the economy, and from what we could catch from the Bay. I too served in the US military, but no combat, not in the jungles anyway.

I spent my life fighting the battle of doubt, insecurity, and obstacles, that kept doors slamming in my face. I was told the first time I tried to buy a home, that I needed a co-signature, because I was too young, and a "single" female, which meant I was too high of a risk. My boss at the time had faith in me, so she signed for me to get my house.

I have spent years proving to everyone that told me I could not do something, that I could. I wasted a lot of years, and lived through a lot of agony, fighting the boogeyman of what might happen, and every time I came face to face with my fears, they were always much smaller than what I had grown in my head. I am old enough now to know better, so I have gotten pretty adept at keeping those monsters at bay.

You know what you want. You are prepared for what might be. Don't waste your time and your joy on building monsters that might be. Value every second of what is. Make pleasant, joyful memories with your children, that will carry them through the time when you are no longer with them.

We can only guess what tomorrow will bring. Fight for the gift of today, enjoy all that you can, and deal with the if, of what might happen, tomorrow.

I know that we are living in a time of uncertainty that is creating Godzilla sized monsters in our heads. We are constantly being distracted and bombarded with truths, lies, and deception, to generate fears, that continue to grow until we break, blow up, or open our eyes. Again, I am not saying that your fears are not real, what I am saying is use your energy to fight the monsters you are facing today, tomorrow will always be there to fight, if you are there to meet it.

Just an old lady, trying to be useful.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
The Meaning of Disgrace - by projectvxn - 11-20-2020, 10:26 PM
RE: The Meaning of Disgrace - by guohua - 11-20-2020, 11:26 PM
RE: The Meaning of Disgrace - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 11-21-2020, 12:13 AM
RE: The Meaning of Disgrace - by ABNARTY - 11-21-2020, 08:28 PM
RE: The Meaning of Disgrace - by F2d5thCav - 11-21-2020, 06:27 PM
RE: The Meaning of Disgrace - by ABNARTY - 11-21-2020, 08:38 PM