Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIY Black Powder pistol cartridges
(11-21-2020, 07:03 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: I think Betsy deserves all that hard work.

The way reloading components are going, I am thinking of making spears and pointy rocks.

Odd you should mention that. I've noticed in the past month or so that black powder weapons and supplies are flying out of stock, too. I can't blame it on black powder hunting season, because it's the pistols that are flying out of stock the fastest.

I've been waiting two months now for a proper bullet mold to make my own Richmond Labs Type III bullets for Betsy. They've been out of stock, but are supposed to be back in stock towards the end of this month. So, until then, I've been rolling cartridges with round ball bullets instead of the ones that you are supposed to use, the ones that were designed for it. They look funny, and it's harder to get the balls seated and sealed, but they work the same once you get 'em sorted.

I actually used to hunt with sticks and stones when I was younger, just so I could learn how to make them and use them, in case the gun-grabbers had their wicked way with the US Constitution. It can be done. Right now, I've got 4 crossbows (two shoulder-fired, and two "pistol" versions) just in case, and 3 or 4 store-bought steel headed spears, also just in case. I got mine from Cold Steel, but I don't think they make the kind I have any more.

BUT - if those "go away" too, I can still make 'em from scratch...

ETA: I can tell you this for certain - anyone coming around to do me harm would much rather I had a big old noisy gun so they can locate me instead of those far more quiet "primitive" weapons... but I reckon they haven't thought that through just yet... with the "quiet" stuff, I can pick off the "last man" in a column and move forward through that column before anyone knows I'm even there. Who needs a "silencer" that they worry so much about when you can do better, more quietly, with a simple crossbow and a bad attitude?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
DIY Black Powder pistol cartridges - by Ninurta - 11-20-2020, 11:51 AM
RE: DIY Black Powder pistol cartridges - by Ninurta - 11-21-2020, 08:12 PM