Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Madrid -- DEWs? Plate shifting? Big quake?
(10-06-2020, 05:19 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 05:12 PM)Ninurta Wrote: My first question is "what is DEW?" - The only DEW I'm currently aware of is the "Distant Early Warning" radar line that scans for incoming missiles from a NORAD installation.
@"Ninurta", you aren't the only one who has asked that. I'm surprised so many don't know what it stands for. I've used it many times in my past threads.

DEW = Directed Energy Weapon

What concerns me is that the New Madrid Fault runs right across the area where I live. Looks like it could be right where my house sits.   tinyhuh

ETA: That reminds me; I need to call and add more insurance to my house!

I thought you were about 700 miles E-SE of the New Madrid fault! That's bad then - I have about 4 or 5 fault lines here, one running right under the house. Contrary to popular opinion, earthquakes are not all that uncommon in the Appalachians, we just tend to have smaller ones up to maybe a 3 at most, with most of them significantly smaller.

If they are all interconnected, a New Madrid quake could potentially cause a cascade effect right here, especially if it's running as closely to me as where you live... I reckon whatever comes, we'll just have to handle it!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Madrid -- DEWs? Plate shifting? Big quake? - by Ninurta - 10-06-2020, 05:50 PM