Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It Is Florida - Where Something Weird Is Always Happening
I thought I had seen it all when I saw a small band of monkeys skittering across the dirt road. On investigation, I found out that several small bands are about in the woods. They survived after a hurricane destroyed their habitat at the zoo several years ago.

But what I just saw, and wasn't able to get a picture of, was a medium sized bird sitting in one of my dead trees, that looked like a penguin. 

I know. I know. Penquins don't fly, and they don't live in Florida. So I am guessing that all of the storms and the flood waters we have had for so long, has these guys a little confused.

It looked just like these guys. I will keep and eye out for them and hope they drop in and stay long enough for me to get a picture next time.

2012 Razorbill invasion

[Image: RAZR_Mitchell.png]

Fig. 1. Unheard of prior to this year, this evocative image says it all: Razorbills with palm trees of Miami Beach in the background. Photo 15 Dec 2012 by Trey Mitchell.

https://ebird.org/news/razorbills-invade...%20jetties.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
It Is Florida - Where Something Weird Is Always Happening - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-23-2020, 11:35 PM