Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Social Dilemma of social media
(09-16-2020, 02:32 AM)kdog Wrote: I saw it also. I have been on the internet since 1994. I'm aware of it and change settings all the time. 

I look at fact's first, but value opinions and ideas . I like to speculate and question the science and facts. 

Some people like to throw facts in your face to prove you wrong, but don't speculate on my questions of what if. 

But throwing ads at me, throwing people in front of me to change or back up my claims, I am always suspicious of that. 

So basically, I use social media for the games and and keeping in contact with my family. 

Sorry if this sounds crazy, but getting a buzz right now. 

minusculebeercheers

Too often what is passed around the internet as fact, is just beliefs and opinions dressed up, or accepted as fact because the person presenting it, is a celebrity or an influencer.

I, like you, become extremely cautious and suspicious, when pressure is exerted in an attempt to sell me or sway me.

One thing the internet has taught me, is that facts on the internet is like a can of tuna. One can of tuna will feed one, but make tuna salad and one can can feed a multitude.

I dislike the news for this very reason. All I want is the facts. I don't want opinions, conjecture, or commentary. A simple can of tuna is all I want. They can keep the mayo, pickles, onions, salt, pepper, or anything else they throw in.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
The Social Dilemma of social media - by 727Sky - 09-15-2020, 02:05 PM
RE: The Social Dilemma of social media - by beez - 09-16-2020, 02:18 AM
RE: The Social Dilemma of social media - by kdog - 09-16-2020, 02:32 AM
RE: The Social Dilemma of social media - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-16-2020, 03:45 AM
RE: The Social Dilemma of social media - by kdog - 09-16-2020, 04:20 AM
RE: The Social Dilemma of social media - by Wallfire - 09-16-2020, 10:22 AM