Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scientists left baffled by reports of orca 'attacks,' call reports 'highly unusual'
It seems that along the Spanish and Portuguese coasts they are having a problem with orcas ramming boats and behaving aggressively.

Quote:The number of reported incidents involving orcas has risen over the summer, with researchers noting that interactions between the whales and boats are not unusual, but the level of aggression displayed in July and August is "highly unusual."
Orcas that the researchers have "known" since they were babies are behaving very strangely, even in one case taking out a fiberglass rudder and in another nearly tipping a boat over.

LINK

I personally think they are beautiful, but I've always wondered if there was more to the nickname "killer whale" than we've been led to believe.

[Image: Orcas.jpg]

"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Scientists left baffled by reports of orca 'attacks,' call reports 'highly unusual' - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 09-14-2020, 01:10 AM