Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LookingForABetterLife Name Change
(08-31-2020, 02:29 AM)ChiefD Wrote: I’m so glad you’re finally getting the disability. I don’t know why Social Security makes people who really need disability go through all the hell of getting repeatedly denied and then people gotta hire a lawyer to get what they deserve. 

You’ve been through hell, and have come through. Okay, I’m thinking your new name on here could be 
Gone To Hell And Back and Found That Better Life, or maybe Badass Ninja, or whatever.  tinybiggrin So happy for you.

@"ChiefD",  I'll tell you why. It's a scam! The whole system is a "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" scam. It keeps lawyers in business, and then the lawyers holds things up as long as possible so their cut will be more.

I was on the phone with my lawyer every few months asking what was taking so long?  "Ah, they (the judge) have a back log and we just have to wait until your name gets to the top of the pile."   SURE! 

I let them know how displeased I was that they weren't fighting harder to get me heard. I was sinking fast into a sea of debt using my credit card to survive.
When it came time to finally see the judge, I was at the end of my credit limit. So when I say I really didn't know how we would survive if I had been denied, I meant it.
I used my back pay to pay the card off in full.  I learned about those money traps long ago.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LookingForABetterLife Name Change - by ChiefD - 08-31-2020, 02:29 AM
RE: LookingForABetterLife Name Change - by Snarl - 08-31-2020, 04:40 AM
RE: LookingForABetterLife Name Change - by Snarl - 08-31-2020, 05:45 AM
RE: LookingForABetterLife Name Change - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-31-2020, 01:00 PM