Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WACO Biplanes, Brand new...!
(08-29-2020, 06:39 AM)727Sky Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 11:03 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 11:00 AM)727Sky Wrote: I always wanted a WW2 P-51 but with the price of fuel (in cruise you could get her back to 40 to 60 gallons an hour) and the outlandish cost of any part if something breaks I hung up that dream unless I could own a few hundred producing oil wells !

I am glad I lived when I did and was able to do the things that brought me a great deal of satisfaction and happiness.

Would you put your feet on the pedals and take the stick in hand and launch??

The yearly airshow at Lakeland Florida used to be a big deal as far as airshow and fly-in to show what everyone was working on or had. War birds, antiques, Experimental, you name it was there. Just like Oshkosh  

After seeing some of the stuff going on around the world I think me living here was a lucky happenstance. 10 minutes to the golf course and 20 minutes to get to town. I live in the country/sticks/far away from government entanglements.

I have never felt the need to have a CHL here and the government wouldn't let me anyway but I think my wife could ? I sold all my guns back in the states except for my 9mm personal carry just in case I return to the states. I figure I will die here one day but life is so good I am not in a hurry to see what comes next...hahahah

My dad and I went to see the military airshow @ Cherry Point shortly before he passed.  It's a fond memory.  And, isn't that what life is for?  Making memories?

I thought you might have given up the ex-pat life.  Must've read it wrong.  I would've been surprised if you had.

I got 'over there' once on my last tour in Korea.  A good friend was taking command of a medical science activity there.  It was short duration and I 'had to take' the wife with me (reputation of the place and whatnot).  Was gonna let you know I'd be in the neighborhood ... but ... a true regret.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
WACO Biplanes, Brand new...! - by PLOTUS - 08-27-2020, 05:13 PM
RE: WACO Biplanes, Brand new...! - by ABNARTY - 08-28-2020, 12:54 AM
RE: WACO Biplanes, Brand new...! - by 727Sky - 08-28-2020, 11:00 AM
RE: WACO Biplanes, Brand new...! - by Snarl - 08-28-2020, 11:03 PM
RE: WACO Biplanes, Brand new...! - by 727Sky - 08-29-2020, 06:39 AM
RE: WACO Biplanes, Brand new...! - by Snarl - 08-29-2020, 03:31 PM