Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Upcoming Unprecedented Weather Event
(08-22-2020, 03:39 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @"Mystic Wanderer" 

Meh, most of my family are in the path and they aren't worried about it too much- not even my sister who actually lives on the beach. Everybody is just stocking up on the usual. The only one who might evacuate is one of the daughters and her family but only because the electricity will probably get knocked out for a while and she doesn't want to subject our one year old grandson to the extreme heat down there without air conditioning- everybody else just plans on riding it out.

I have encountered one full blown huricane since living here in North carolina. Matthew, Irma or Michael, I don't remember the name for sure anymore, but 100 miles inland we experianced vast flooding washing away roads, much of the entire area underwater, loss of power and howling winds uprooting trees and and breaking limbs. After winds have been blowing 50-60 miles per hour for 10-12-14 hours straight, you become weary and afraid of what lies in store next.

Were I on the coast, well....... I just wouldn't be if possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Upcoming Unprecedented Weather Event - by PLOTUS - 08-22-2020, 06:51 AM
RE: An Upcoming Unprecedented Weather Event - by Wallfire - 08-22-2020, 12:03 PM