Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump to Suspend Payroll Tax Until End of 2020
Star 
Not quite "official" yet, but Trump says he can use Executive Orders to extend some current relief and make some new relief policies without Congress.

A new one is to suspend payroll taxes !!

That one will be popular I imagine.

Democrats have been demanding too many things unrelated to the current problems (no surprise, it's always their pork barrel BS).

I think Democrats may be letting the cat out of the bag and showing the possibility that the COVID19(84) crisis isn't as bad as it's cranked up to be.

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer have been getting real tense, testy, and rattled this week as their little plans keep getting kicked in the teeth.  tinycool

Quote:President Trump said Friday he would defer the payroll tax until the end of the year, using an executive order.

The tax would continue to be deferred until the end of 2020, the president said, and would likely be retroactive from July 1.

He said that by the end of 2020 the payroll tax break could be extended.

“Hopefully I’ll be here to do the job,” Trump said, hinting at the results of Election Day.

The president also said he would extend unemployment benefits, defer student loan payments and interest, and extend the eviction moratorium as well as an order requiring health insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions.

“If Democrats continue to hold this critical relief hostage, I will act under my authority as president to get Americans the relief they need,” he said.

LINK-->  Donald Trump to Suspend Payroll Tax Until End of 2020
[Image: Pelosi-Yup1.gif]
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]

Messages In This Thread
Trump to Suspend Payroll Tax Until End of 2020 - by xuenchen - 08-08-2020, 03:38 PM