Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big explosion with many killed in Beirut
(08-06-2020, 06:06 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Video said it was ammonium nitrate. Pretty sure it wasn't ammonium nitrate. That sounds like a cover story to me after seeing the explosion.

AN has a pretty low brisance. It "pushes" more than explodes. We used to use it to blow tree stumps out of the ground. That pop in Beirut blew up fast enough to condense the atmosphere around it - that's what that white round cloud was. The shock wave was moving fast enough to condense the moisture in the air into a cloud.

AN has to have additives to explode, like kerosene or diesel fuel, and it has to be mixed right. That was the mixture we used to remove tree stumps, but some Sneaky Petes once told me that with the right additives (they were adding sulfur and some other goodies), it will "make the purdiest mushroom cloud you ever saw!". Who's gonna mix it and then store it with fireworks? It has to have a blasting cap to set it off, but the right firework could do it, if it's set off in the middle of the ANFO pile - not on the edge of it.

The explosion was too big - how are they gonna store THAT much ANFO in a single building? That looked to be in the tens of kilotons range (standard TNT measurement - it would take a LOT more ANFO).

Nope, I'm pretty sure it wasn't ammonium nitrate, but I bet that's the story they run with!

look at what just two and a half tons did to the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, then read about the Texas City Tx blast in 1947.

also some fire works contain metals that when burning can react with an. another this is what fire works are made of (charcoal, sulphur, and potassium nitrate). it's possible that the burning that propels the shells, drove them into the an and burned and then explode releasing the metals, sulpher and other gasses.

here is a wiki cause it's fast.

Quote:Ammonium nitrate can explode through two mechanisms:

fairly sure no missile or moab was used. and it was just what is said has happened. just because it happened in a troubled country in the middle east that a lot a shit happens in, doesn't mean it wasn't a accident or negligence.

shit happens everywhere and it's not always nefarious or a false flag.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big explosion with many killed in Beirut - by hounddoghowlie - 08-10-2020, 02:44 AM