Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unexplained Experiences
Wife and I are browsing cookbooks at our local Post Exchange (the military equivalent of a TJ Max).  She wants to make something French ... and is looking for ideas.

We pick up a book on French Cuisine from the shelf, open it thumbing through ... and everything is written in the French language ... page after page ... no English at all.  We laugh about that (as the possibility of anyone wanting such a book from the location where we're shopping is extremely remote) between us ... cementing that shared observation in our minds.

Can't find any other French cookbooks and abandon the idea of French for anything European.  We pick up another cookbook from the same publisher (if memory serves it was Italian cuisine) expecting to find the recipes in the corresponding foreign language.  But, no, the print was all in English.

So, I returned to the French cookbook thinking maybe I was just looking at a section dedicated to the native tongue.  Couldn't find a word of French.  Wife and I just stared at one another.  We bought that book and I carefully turned through each page at home ... no French.

Anyone else ever seen anything this weird?
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
Unexplained Experiences - by Snarl - 08-04-2020, 04:34 PM
RE: Unexplained Experiences - by F2d5thCav - 08-04-2020, 05:05 PM
RE: Unexplained Experiences - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-04-2020, 05:25 PM
RE: Unexplained Experiences - by Snarl - 08-04-2020, 05:29 PM
RE: Unexplained Experiences - by Mystic Wanderer - 08-04-2020, 09:30 PM