Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russia and China relationship, going down ?
(08-12-2020, 08:00 AM)727Sky Wrote: China's military recruitment add which is well done IMO

Quote:Authored by Simon Black via SovereignMan.com,
Not long ago, the British Army realized that it needed to completely revamp its recruiting campaign.
The younger generation simply wasn’t responding to the Army’s previous ‘Be All You Can Be’ style of advertising. So British leadership changed the recruiting message to keep up with the massive cultural shift that has been sweeping the world.
Their updated campaign focused on– you guessed it– diversity and inclusion.
[b]The Army’s new priority was to show off how woke they are, and to make new recruits feel safe and happy… as opposed to building a lethal, highly effective fighting force.

One of the best examples of this ad campaign shows British soldiers on a combat patrol, ostensibly in the mountains of Afghanistan.

But suddenly the mission stops… because one of the soldiers is Muslim and needs to pray.
[/b]
The ad shows the rest of the unit happily and patiently waiting. At one point, the radio squawks (which is usually because the command headquarters or another nearby unit needs to communicate with your squad.)
But one of the soldiers shushes the radio operator. So we not only need to stop the entire freaking war, but we have to cut ourselves off from potentially critical communication, just so this guy can continue to pray without being disturbed.
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/b...-inclusion

So, we're quoting zerohedge now?
Run by a Bulgarian former hedge-fund trader who was BANNED from the Securities Industry for Insider Trading in 2008 (with strong links to Goldman Sachs).
Operating under a mantra of "pseudonymous speech" which hides the identity of the individual author responsible for writing any given article, so they can be "protected" from retaliation, suppression and intolerance?

Speaking of zerohedge, their former employee Colin Lokey said, in a 2016 interview:

Quote: "I can't be a 24-hour cheerleader for Hezbollah, Moscow, Tehran, Beijing, and Trump anymore. It's wrong. Period. I know it gets you views now, but it will kill your brand over the long run. This isn't a revolution. It's a joke." 

i.e. they are instructed to be "cheerleaders" for a certain Far-Right viewpoint, not to be honest or to actually report the truth in an unbiased fashion.

With regards to the British Army recruitment video - I've never seen that before. And I live in Britain.
But it does NOT in any way shape or form show the British Army "making new recruits feel safe and happy" or "...stopping the entire freaking war... just so this guy can continue to pray..."
THAT is a blatantly biased, borderline racist supposition IMHO.

The action shown in the video looks like an example of an army troop on a mission to me, they have stopped for a break and the Muslim recruit takes the opportunity to pray (as per his own religious beliefs).
I think what they are trying to say is:
You can still hold onto your own personal religious beliefs even if you join the British Army. (You can KEEP your Faith.)

I'm not Left wing or Right wing in my political views, but I really don't like political bias being stated as fact just to make a point.

kindest regards,
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russia and China relationship, going down ? - by gordi - 08-12-2020, 11:01 AM