Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Detective Doctor or Why I Took My Cat To The Vet
(08-06-2020, 04:01 AM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 03:57 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 12:37 AM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 10:47 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 10:17 PM)LookingForABetterLife Wrote: So the verdict is in.  The cost to remove my poor kitty's troubling fangs will be over $800.  That I cannot do right now.  Hopefully I'll get a surprise from the government in time to take care of this.

I am so blessed to have a Vet that is willing to work with me. He will stretch out my payments so I can pay it back as I can. I have a history with my Vet and have used him for so long that we have become friends.

Try asking to work a payment plan with your Vet.   I know that not all Vets can do that or are willing, but you have nothing to lose by asking.

Thank you for the suggestion but I have no income to make payments with at this time.  the biggest discount I can get is only $40.  All I can do now is wait and hope my Social Security disability is finally approved in the next month or two.

Your cat probably doesn't need to go into a human-level surgical procedure, Brother.  Go looking for a country vet.  When you find one ... let me know.  We all need help sometimes ... even after helping ourselves.  Now ... Go look!!

Thanking you for your advice as my three brain cells will only do me so much good.

The good news is that the vet is getting me some pain medication for Mr. Worm and my dad has agreed to pay for the surgery.  I did find some websites that offered grants and such to help out too.

My former gunsmith (moved away) was also our 'country vet' (both a veteran and a veterinarian LOL).  He'd be mad at you if you let your dad drop $800 on a tooth.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detective Doctor or Why I Took My Cat To The Vet - by Snarl - 08-06-2020, 11:56 AM