Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Life Starts Kicking Your Butt From Birth
I feel as though I've woke up on a foreign planet some days. I truly am blown away how the world changes in exponential ways around me in a time frame that leaves my head spinning. 1995 withthe internet, 2001 and the twin towers and everything after that has just been a blur. I talk to kids today and realize just what different beings they are from me. At their age, I shared much with my parents regardless of what I may have felt then. Our experiences were shared. We drove, we watched TV, we talked and we socialized and much the same way that they had in their youth. Now I look at and speak with kids and I don't even experience that we are even the same species. The world changes so fast now and I'm not ever prepared for it. It is all terrifically and horribly mesmerizing and terrifying, simaltaneously. My point I suppose is that this world is so different from the one I knew for most of my life that my knee jerk reaction is to recover what seemed to be my sane world from before. I finally realized I can't control what is happening nor how it happens. It's out of my hands.
So as a way to cope, I have become a voyeur. I watch with amazement and try not to make myself part of it. Because I wont be... and I can't be and I can't change it. It's a mad, mad, mad world and it's getting madder and I'm trying to avoid going mad engaging the madness. So if stress is going to be the tipping point then I'll avoid that stress and all the other nonsense this new world shoves down our throats, and daily. Truth is lies and every meme on the web becomes "fact". I can't and won't engage any of it because if I did, forget Covid, life itself on this "new" planet, this bizarre Astral plane I no longer regularly relate to that we inhabit will consume me with or without viral assitance..Did I mention? Aummmmmm........
internet Agent Provocateur

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life Starts Kicking Your Butt From Birth - by Antisthenes - 08-01-2020, 04:37 AM