Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I ran over our dog Part IV. The visit before the OP.
(07-30-2020, 10:58 PM)Bally002 Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 10:46 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 02:30 PM)hutch622 Wrote: i have never seen an unhappy 3 legged dog and i have seen a few

Ain't it the truth?

@"Bally002", you mind what I said about visiting her.  She will absolutely expect you to take her back home to the pack.  Every damned time you don't ... she won't be able to understand.  I made that as a bad mistake when I was assigned to Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.  Damned Hawaiians make you quarantine your pooch for 6 months.  We visited every chance we got ... and ignorantly made the dog go insane.  We brought him home and it was like he turned feral ... bit me and then he bit my little daughter ... and that was that.  Wife's dog ... she's never forgiven me ... like it was all my fault.

Trust me ... learn from my mistake.  I ain't just blown' smoke mate.

Sorry Snarl, I'm not sure what you mean.  I take your advice very seriously and will continue to do so.  My saying "Ain't it the truth?"  From my perspective, means, I'm agreeing.  Perhaps I should have left the ? mark off.

Of course I trust you and I'm sure you're not blowing smoke if I get the meaning there.  I'm a bit slow on the up take sometimes.  

Apologies if I have said something that's been lost in the translation.  I'm still unsure.

My kindest regards and respect,

Bally

You never should even think of saying, "Sorry" to me mate.  a) My skin's too thick   b) I doubt we'll ever share cross words with one another

My, "Ain't it the truth?" was tacit agreement with what @"hutch622" said before.  Three-legged dogs just love being alive.

Everything after @"Bally002" was for you, my Brother.  I don't want your Girlie coming home in a different state of mind ... and if you keep going to visit her ... and then leave ... you're gonna mess her up.  Better to just leave her in the care of her Doc and pick her up the day she's ready to go home.

I know that sounds pretty harsh, but we're human and understand when we have to stay in Hospital.  Dogs think they're being abandoned.  Do it enough times and she won't be the same.

Cheers,
Snarl
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I ran over our dog Part IV. The visit before the OP. - by Snarl - 07-31-2020, 01:42 AM