Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad
What? No comments about chromosomes, mental disorders, mutilation, social contagion, the liberal agenda, too young to know, endocrine disruptors in the water and gay frogs, long term consequences and regret, dangerous hormone treatments, the school system, child abuse, and no one identifying as an attack helicopter or Spider-Man? This place really is different from ”that other place” and I’m truly surprised. Nice! (and thank you rogues!)

Having heard these things for several years over there, I was honestly expecting and prepared for more of the same here considering the conservative slant of this board but if it matters, I myself am highly critical of the “transgender movement”, activism and rhetoric feeling it detrimental to those genuinely transsexual and especially so for those truly and innately trans as children like I was.

Not that I would want to be or ever have been but I am not welcome in the trans “community” because I believe 90% of their crap is nonsense plus I am one of the oldest transgender children alive that grew up in a supportive and understanding environment so there is a good deal of resentment about that and I’m seen as anomaly even among my own kind.

Other than observing from a distance and studying the science of all this on my own, save for a few exceptions, I have remained isolated from those with similar shared experiences which suits me just fine. Those that are most like me that I can relate to are all young as the phenomenon of trans kids wasn’t really recognized until 20 or 25 years ago and as I grew up and indeed for most of my entire life, I felt like some rare unicorn and there was no one like me in the whole world with similar experiences. For many many years I mostly blocked even being of transsexual history out of my awareness as it had nothing to do with my day-to-day life.

This changed about five years ago when I was 60. For the first time in my life I came across someone that was like me and it was quite an epiphany although she was barely 20 years old at the time. I met her at ATS of all places and we quickly bonded despite a forty year difference in our ages and she remains one of my dearest friends to this day.

Until she encouraged me to, I had never spoken anywhere about my past but have since learned the value of doing so in order to help others to learn about the condition but this is something I’ve only done online because in the real world, this isn’t something I want known about me. People jump to conclusions that are nearly always wrong and for some, it can change their perception entirely even if you’ve never been or lived as a man and it’s frustrating that people might think I know anything about that. It is also a bit dangerous especially among the rednecks, cowboys and retards (oops!) I hang out with as there are still many that simply hate people like me for existing. I do not know any transgender or transsexual people in the real world and have no desire to do so.

I’ll be the first to admit there is so much wrong surrounding all this and that people have strong, mostly uninformed opinions about it all which unfortunately have been politicized by the left AND the right turning what once was purely a medical condition into a political football and ammunition in the culture wars. It makes me sad. People like me, the “normal” ones aren’t out to change the world and rules of society to accommodate and accept us. In fact, those rules of society and culture and even perhaps stereotypes to a degree are the things with which we want to abide in order to fit in and disappear as normal every day men and women. Those that don’t want to or can’t and the 256 gender types and “non-binaries” and those clamoring for attention are the ones most often heard about that are unrepresentative of folks like me and I tend to get a little bit angry about that.

Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to read or comment. It is really appreciated. Being of trans experience and having a “sex-changed” biologically male body does have its share of things to deal with and I’m open to questions about that or how I have navigated disclosing my past with those I have had deeper relationships with. For those that are interested in knowing more, please don’t be afraid to ask. How else will people who want to, get to learn about this stuff if it isn’t talked about and here’s your chance to hear things straight from the horse’s mouth.

--Elisabeth

PS
I don’t “identify” as a horse. Haha! tinybiggrin
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad - by Freija - 08-04-2020, 03:24 AM