Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad
(08-01-2020, 10:48 AM)Wallfire Wrote: You dont have my pity for what happened to you, but you do have my massive respect, you are strong, and you survive. You are a massive " F you" to all who hurt you. You live as you. Well done old girl  minusculebeercheers

Thank you @Wallfire for your comments. Regarding what you’ve said, this graphic comes to mind. People fear what they don't understand or are ignorant (un-informed) about and that turns to hate that's why I think information about this is the only way to counter.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8172]

I didn't post all this stuff to get attention or be special. I'm pretty much a normal, average person and these are things I went through a loooong time ago but the reason I did post the personal things I did so that people may have a tiny bit more understanding about this stuff.

’Antisthenes’ Wrote:Thank you so much for your really detailed answer. It not only helped me understand what Trans children have to go through, but the psychology behind some of it as well. I'm really sorry you had to go through so much as a child.

Thank you @Antisthenes for your comments as well and for prompting me to write a short novel about my childhood but I don’t need and wasn’t looking for sympathy but I appreciate your intent.

’Antisthenes’ Wrote:I would imagine things are still difficult and triggering as I'm constantly hearing callous remarks about transgender people in mixed company. There seems to be quite a bit of toxic speech about them. I'm not sure people really realize some of the horrid things they say, but I must admit I see quite a bit of trans people being made the butt of jokes and frankly, it makes me cringe. I assume since no one knows your past that you are witness to this as well

Yeah, this can be problematic. The bar where I hangout, or least did before COVID, is full of ignorant people saying really stupid shit and sometimes I have to just tune it out.

I’m not about to “out” myself to correct them for my own safety and to not be the butt of their jokes but sometimes this makes me feel complicit in their transphobia and at times it is a moral dilemma I wrestle with internally. I try to avoid the people I know are trans/homophobic and racist but it isn’t always possible. People know I usually get up and walk away when this talk is going on but I’ve also been known to get into it with people and have enough times that most who know me don’t act this way when I’m around.

So any questions or comments about anything from anyone else? Now’s your chance to let it out because I don’t usually bring this topic up unless someone else does first.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ongoing puberty suppression should be an available treatment option for non-binary ad - by Freija - 08-02-2020, 05:09 AM