Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Seattle, Wa. Do you think this is wise?
(07-27-2020, 07:34 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: Most of your bullet points are rhetorical so I will address the few that aren't. I am not Black and haven't had to live in their world of second class citizenry.

I'm not black, either, although I do carry some black blood, and am a minority. The difference between you and I is that I HAVE lived in their world, and have even been a second-class citizen in that world - makes me maybe 4th class as a citiizen there I reckon.

Quote:They have set the guns down in the past, opened dialogue and found themselves back at square one. They have had their fill of talk. They are done.

So - they are unwilling to set their guns down? You are correct - if that is the case, then the time for talk is over, and there is only one resolution possible. if they will not set their guns down to talk, it is not prudent for me to set mine down, either. We can all see where that is going to lead.

I know of no time that they have been "set back to square one" - certainly not in my lifetime, and I'm fairly old. At no time during my years have they been re-enslaved - but see below for a different perspective I have on that score. Blacks as a race are in a far better place than they were during the 50's and 60's - FAR better. Despite the rhetoric coming out of the Democrat Party.

I've lived in the black ghetto, and I KNOW how life goes there. I've also lived out of it, and can therefore see what happens from both sides of the fence. I am convinced, from what I have seen with my own eyes, that American Inner Cities are just an extension of the plantation system of the 1850's and 1860's, owned and operated by the SAME sort of democrats that owned and operated them back then. the only difference now is that they harvest votes to retain power now, instead of the cotton and crops from back then. The answer, to my mind, is to get them out of the inner cities where they are being "kept down by the man", and out into the rest of the nation where they stand a chance to excel and earn a decent living, on a fair footing with the rest of us.

Quote:History has proven revolution yields results. They are following a proven formula.  So I get it. I don't like it, but I get it.

Have you ever lived through one of those "revolutions"? I've not lived all the way through one, and likely won't live all the way through this one, either, but I've seen 'em, and fought in 'em. "Yields results" is an understatement - but they are rarely, if ever, the results being revolted for, and never the results promised. Lots of folks die, and lots of stuff gets blown up. Marxist revolutions are the worst, and this is one of them. Ask Eden Pastora (AKA "Commandante Cerro") how the Sandinista Revolution worked out for him. Ask Trotsky how the Russian Revolution worked out for him. Ask any Chinese folk who lived through the "Cultural revolution" how it worked out for them. Ask any of the Cuban refugees desperately trying to get to Florida to escape their "revolution", even to this day.

You see, what happens is that the Marxists motivate masses of disaffected folks, and generate disaffection if they can't find any, and send them off to fight for the "glorious revolution" with glowing promises of a brighter future, but when the future gets here, it's not as bright as they promised, and those poor masses, their cannon fodder and "useful idiots", end up living under a different jackboot, usually worse and more restrictive than the last one, but a jackboot all the same. I saw first hand how that works in Nicaragua.

Quote:The cause and effect I spoke of earlier. I'm simply not going to bring up all the reasons for all this arbitrary violence, the sentient understand. This will pass when  they feel real change is at hand. Momentum drives them and the media feeds them. They wont give that up. Neither would the Right if they felt their lives were being threatened. This will play out and the question remains, what may we do to change the culture so we never revisit this? That's up to all of us. The Bill of Rights belongs to every American Citizen. It needs to be applied in the manner it is written.

I'm fairly sentient, but I still don't understand the reasons for arbitrary violence. it only begets more violence in response, and if this doesn't calm down, it will, too. Probably more violence than America is prepared to face, more violence than America has seen since the Civil War. The rioters will NEVER feel that "real change is at hand" - they are not prepared to accept any of the change they've gotten so far, and if change is promised, if they got everything they wished for, the goal posts would be changed, by orders from on high.

You are correct - the Right will not give up either when their lives are on the line, and that day is rapidly approaching. Some think it is already here.

I want to know what concrete changes to "the culture" are being demanded. Bullet points. what exactly do they want, in writing so that it can't be changed to something else if they get their first demands. It's not just "the black community" - there are plenty of spoiled white folks out there demanding change as well - they had the gumption to post a list at Chaz or Chop or whatever that experiment in anarchy was finally called in Seattle. Those demands were, in large part, utterly ridiculous and un-winnable - and unworkable... which told me they were not delivering their serious demands.

The Bill of Rights DOES belong to every American citizen, and it IS being applied as written - give me examples that you see otherwise. I know of none, and would appreciate the enlightenment.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seattle, Wa. Do you think this is wise? - by Ninurta - 07-27-2020, 08:34 AM