Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jeff Sessions loses comeback bid in Alabama runoff
(07-15-2020, 01:51 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Snarl" 

Quote:ETA:  No fan of Trump here.  I was glad to see a 3d Party candidate ... and I truly enjoyed watching him ridicule the 'strong' majority of GOP candidates during his ascension.

I think a thread on Trump and what people think of him would be an interesting read.

I am not into political personalities.  "Action, not words".  Yes, it was refreshing to see someone from outside of the "system" come in and clean up.  The 2016 election, and what we're seeing of the DNC action for 2020 . . . is a stunning indictment of the corruption and incompetence of the political party system.  And that, much more than any single candidate IMO, spells trouble for the Republic.

Cheers

We'll probably make it to 2024.  I have high hopes for an actual 3d party platform that droves of people will flock to.  I think that's got more of a chance than a resurrection of ATS. -chuckle. Anyway, I'm doing what I can.

People think it takes a long time to clear the swamp.  They openly say that ... while not admitting they're part of it.  I say the swamp can be drained in less than an hour.  The clean-up could take a few weeks to a couple of years.  But ... that's why they call 'it' work.  You let me get into a position of raw power, and law will be suspended.  That's all it really takes.  That ... and making people understand you're doing the right things ... just as if the law were still in place.  Not the parts of law that protect the swamp creatures from persecution.

For example, I believe in due process.  I also believe the law on due process needs to be re-written (over and over and over again until we get it right) ... so that it cannot protect 'the guilty'.  This "innocent until proven guilty" BS.  The truth is, sometimes an egg does get broken.  The other truth is, you can't be so scared (fear) of a false accusation you'll do anything to avoid it.  Somebody levies an accusation ... let them, their family, and their entire social circle face ten times the punishment should the accusation not stand up in a court of law.  Let them face seven years in the Arena.  Action ... not words. -grin
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeff Sessions loses comeback bid in Alabama runoff - by Snarl - 07-15-2020, 02:14 PM