Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Time For Reflection
Quote:“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair …, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way …”

While listening to the local news today, I became frustrated with what I was hearing. I would like to bury my head in the sand and just walk away from the media and the internet, but my job makes that an impossibility. Especially right now, when policy and procedure is being dictated by the rulings of the CDC and the State.

So while I was calming myself, and utilizing my self taught techniques for controlling my anger, the quote from "The Tale Of Two Cities", just popped in my head. Followed immediately with,

Quote:“Better never means better for everyone... It always means worse, for some.”

― Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Both gave me pause, because we almost always review and respond to things that affect us on a personal level, this is instinctive and almost automatic. It is not until we reach the point where we realize there is so little that we have any real control over, other than ourselves, and that many of the things we can change, requires the help of others that agree to work with us, that we become more realistically inclusive in our thinking.

When times are good, they are horrible for many others. No one is happily willing to swap places with the man on the cross, regardless of how innocent he is. So we do what we do usually from a sense of what is right and what is righteous, but there will always be others that don't see us as either.

I think it is time to go out with my dogs, and take a walk in the woods. Time to take a break.

Messages In This Thread
A Time For Reflection - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-14-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: A Time For Reflection - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-14-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: A Time For Reflection - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-14-2020, 05:08 PM
RE: A Time For Reflection - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-14-2020, 09:04 PM
RE: A Time For Reflection - by guohua - 07-14-2020, 08:00 PM
RE: A Time For Reflection - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-14-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: A Time For Reflection - by guohua - 07-14-2020, 08:56 PM
RE: A Time For Reflection - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-14-2020, 09:08 PM
RE: A Time For Reflection - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-14-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: A Time For Reflection - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-14-2020, 09:33 PM
RE: A Time For Reflection - by kdog - 07-14-2020, 10:17 PM