Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Africa Will Become the Testing Ground Again
(07-13-2020, 06:47 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
Quote:“Only a small percentage of the data that originally existed is in the hash,” Trust Stamp CEO Gareth Genner has stated.
“What you have is something safer for storing because it can’t be used to directly identify you. No one would recognize you in this huge jumble of numbers.”
The result, according to Genner, is an “irreversible non-personally identifiable information” system that “protects privacy, reduces potential for misuse and allows effective inclusion when there is no other form of legal record.”

Really? You believe this, right? 
You may not be as easily identified by a small time hacker, but be assured, those at the top, the "elite", will be able to see exactly who you are, and know exactly what you bought for supper, and where, on any given day.

Common sense tells us we cannot trust this assertion at all. It can and will identify you to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who has access to the verification system - like the restaurants and retailers mentioned in the article. Otherwise, it would be utterly useless - I could just borrow YOUR hash dongle and buy whatever I wanted to purchase, provided that you had your papers in order, I didn't, and the system was not "personally identifiable" - i.e. keyed to an individual identity. My use of your dongle would indicate that all of MY papers were in order without personal identification.

The article mentions that the "biometrics" involved are either facial recognition, a hand print, or a thumb print. Those are about as "personally identifiable" as it gets, although I suspect that a hash of DNA data will eventually be added to the possibilities.

What we need to do is find out the specifics of how the system works in order to develop effective counter measures against it. For now, I'm thinking barter is the way to go rather than purchases with monetary tokens - just drop out of the money system altogether. That's probably what the economic wreckage of the COVID "pandemic" was all about - to show people that, in most cases, they are utterly unequipped to exist in a non-monetary society, to demonstrate to them that they are utterly dependent on money, and therefore who controls the monetary system owns their asses.

This system as describes is ripe for the picking by "criminal" elements who wouldn't mind trading use of their "good" data for your lack of data by acquiring items from the system that folks outside the system might want, and bartering those items into the barter economy for circulation there.

Every new thing that comes down the pike provides a business opportunity for "black market" entrepreneurs who are willing to exploit it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Africa Will Become the Testing Ground Again - by Ninurta - 07-13-2020, 09:56 PM